“The Kill” Review

 



As I look back on the the film we created , I feel good about it. The process in making it was the most fun Ive had a moment. Gathering up materials and equipment for it was an enjoyable process. I had to go to Walmart and buy a knife and ketchup for the bloody scene when the murder occurred. People in the store were looking at me crazy because a knife and bottle of ketchup is a very odd combination of materials to buy. I had to explain to those people that it was for a film and they eventually figured out the big picture and weren’t curious anymore. My partner Quincy Esta in the spring had a lot on his llate going on from Track and Field season to Aice homework that was weighing a toll on him mentally and still is. We just had to find a date and time that was best for the both of us so that we could get this film organized and finished in the time span given. Initially we had to push back filming dates because of weather issues and practices but, the good news is we made it work. Two days before spring break we filmed the project at our neighborhood park and it went great. Me, Quincy, and my sister helped film the project with various camera angles and shots that were needed to bring the best visual presentation to the movie. We filmed this at the perfect time when the sun was still out on us shining bright. This aspect gave us the proper lighting and camera quality needed. The close up action of the murder was the best part. My sister filmed as the murder approached the hooper and striked him with the dagger in his hand. It was so funny that we couldn’t stop laughing for 5 minutes straight. While the hooper was laid out on the floor dead, we had to grab the ketchup i bought from walmart and pour it on to the ground to make it seem like there was blood. At first it kind of had me worried because we kind of poured too much of it on the ground making the volume too much and the blood looked thick. With this in the back of out minds we had to spread it across the ground and smooth it out so that it looked real. After filming the shots of the murder , we cleaned up ketchup and played a little bit of 1on 1 , Me against Quincy. The game was fun with me battling with him but, ultimately I got the win and bragging rights. When we got home my sister sent me the videos and clips and i sent them to my partner via imessage on iPhone. The videos were crystal clear and fully uploaded so there wasn't no issues with the quality or anything else. This film was perfect and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containing the Music

Filming Process part 2

David’s Gatorade Commercial Filming Blog (Part 2)